August 30, 2011

SCAD Working Class Studio


As a graduate from the Savannah College of Art and Design, I'm a bit biased, but I love seeing the projects that emerge from their Working Class Studio.  Through this venture, SCAD students are able to create innovative concepts in product design and then see them come to life.  Check their website out here for more information.  Here are a few gems I love:

Puffy Frames: Designed by Ashley Olson, these poofy wonders can add whimsy to a family photo, artwork, or even a mirror.  

Tucker Lamp: Designed by Tucker Waugh, this acrylic lamp plays on positive and negative space and suggests the silhouette of a traditional table lamp, while adding a modern flare.

Wrought Irony dishes (can I tell you how much I love the name of this collection!): A collection of melamine tableware with bright designs inspired by ironwork. 

It's always fun to see what they'll come up with next at SCAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment